An opportunity to join a world class team
Pearl Marina Estates Limited www.pearlmarina.co.ug a wholly owned Subsidiary of Centum Group www.centum.co.ke is seeking to recruit a hands on landscape manager to drive the delivery of high quality and award winning landscape environment in Pearl Marina.
Pearl Marina development is set to become Uganda’s tourism, business and residential destination of choice providing state of the art facilities and urban experience.
The development is envisioned to integrate world class premium facilities comprising of tourism and residential facilities including hotels, conferences facilities, luxury apartments, villas, marinas, a hospital, international school, modern office park, retail centre, a wide range of sports and recreational activities. These facilities will be supported by high quality centrally managed infrastructure.
Phase 1 of the project is currently under construction with the show cluster scheduled to completed by November 2016
This position reports to the Project Manager, Pearl Marina. The project is set on 389 acres of prime, land in Garuga Peninsula, Entebbe, Uganda.
• Develop the programme of works and strategy for the Pearl Marina Landscape project.
• Responsible for the overall execution and delivery of Pearl Marina landscape project.
• Responsible for setting up technical capacity within Pearl Marina to undertake landscape construction and maintenance.
• Manage and schedule landscaping team, equipment and material to accomplish the project within the set budget, timelines and quality specifications.
• Plan, organize and supervise the development of landscape programs, specifications, estimates and other contract documents
• Maintain day to day working knowledge of the entire landscaping contract in progress, including completion status, billing and progress payment, deviations / changes from the contract. Keep management aware of the project status at all times
• Manage all field landscaping staff including recommending hiring, training, mentoring and developing expertise to execute the project
• Manage, schedule and oversee any post construction maintenance
• Manage and coordinate all required safety training and ensure land scape team adhere to safety rules and regulation all the time
• A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture/Construction Management or any other relevant discipline
• Registration with relevant boards
• Possession of a relevant Post Graduate qualification will be an advantage
• Must have at least five years’ experience in landscape construction management.
• Proven track record of successfully leading and executing large land scape projects.
• Good understanding of Ugandan design regulations and legislation.
• Effective communicator with the ability to articulate issues to a diverse audience both in person and print.
• Excellent understanding of the whole land scape project development process from project inception, design, approvals construction and maintenance.
• Ability to cultivate and manage relationships with a diverse group of institutions and individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to develop new methodologies related to planning and design of integrated developments.
• Proven knowledge of topographical mapping, survey methods and landscape architectural design.
Kindly visit our recruitment portal: http://www.centum-careers.com/recruitment to submit your application.
The deadline for submission is 3rd May 2016.